The Farm 

Located in beautiful Warrenton, Virginia, Ashland Farm pre dates the Civil War.   According to the Virginia Department of Historic Resources, “The Holtzclaw family purchased Ashland through a grant issued by Lt. Gov. Alexander Spotswood in 1724, and lived on this land until the 1920s.  While a portion of the house dates to about 1725, the main residence was completed by 1889, and was remodeled and enlarged by architect William Lawrence Bottomley in 1929.  Between 1861 and 1864, the Union army stationed pickets at Ashland, as it was used as a Federal medical dressing station.  Legend claims that a Union army payroll, hidden by a paymaster who died in 1862 at nearby Waterloo, Virginia is still buried here.”  Currently, a Washington, DC family utilize the 180-acre property for weekend and holiday enjoyment. 

The property includes two barns, an indoor ring, as well as easy access to miles of beautiful trails.The newly renovated horseshoe shaped main barn features 10 12’x14’ matted stalls, tack room, feed room, office and an indoor wash rack.  The second barn has seven additional stalls and an outdoor covered wash rack.  Ashland Equestrian has a 75' x 190' indoor ring with top of the line recycled rubber footing, as well as a sprinkler system in the ceiling.